Saturday, January 4, 2014

All Aboard!!

Life just has a way of taking off!
Merrick is such a joy he's already trying to crawl. He rolls around to get to Finley's toys and loves to munch on her building blocks. She doesn't seem to mind too much. More often then not, you can hear Fin saying go Merrick! when he's trying to crawl around. She is an amazing big sister. She makes sure that he is taken care of. He adores her and she always tells him how much she loves him. And Merrick gets the most kisses from her by far. Mike and I are doing well. We live in a new place. We've got a washer and dryer and an attached garage! Wohoo! Its the small things you know. Merrick is sleeping 5+ hours a night. He would sleep from 8pm to 8am. But since he got this nasty cold from Mike and I being in nursery he wakes up. It does seem to be getting better. He's had it since November so hopefully he'll be 100% very soon. I know babies immune system are practically a myth! But we have him on medicine and its helping. Finley and I are potty training. And it sucks. We're taking a break and we'll start again on Monday. She's funny because she just holds it. And holds it. For hours. But the minute I stop asking. BAM all over the floor. But we'll get there. I just have to truly commit to it. And thats hard, cause we are always out of the house. But I'm going to have to be a hermit for a week… 2 weeks… a year….  Who knows. Mike is working at J&N Automotive. My dads shop. He is also coaching Girls Water Polo right now. He loves it. Mike has applied to colleges for Mathematics and he wants to do teaching. Hopefully we hear back soon. Mike is a wonderful father. He loves spending time with the kids. He is the one who tucks Fin in at night because she misses him so much. I love it. And she loves to snuggle with him. He also helps with Merrick when he wakes up at night. Sometimes its a two man job! We are so in love with our children and its so wonderful to see them grow and do new things. Finley has a best friend named Kai. He loves dinosaurs as does she now. And they play dinosaur together. At the park, in the car, in sacrament meeting… you know you gotta do what you gotta do. This new year is exciting for us. So many changes and new things coming up. We've got so many plans. I am currently serving in the Relief society as the secretary. Man oh man. Its busy, overwhelming, and hectic. But so far I am completely in love with it. Its totally my thing. I know I can do it and bring lots of new ideas to the table. Plus our relief society is pretty legit. So thats a high note.

I've been doing some research and getting names for the Temple. From my biological line and Mike's dads line. I plan to drop them off so that the youth have the opportunity to put in some temple work and then Mike and I plan on doing the rest. I think we might start going to the Temple once every three months or maybe even more if I can keep up with the genealogy.  Life is good in the McGowen home and we are living it up. We are in an amazing ward full of caring and loving individuals. And we are so happy.
Cheese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment