Friday, March 29, 2013

Equality.. What an interesting idea.

Ok I know I posted last night but theres been something just nagging at me and I'm going to share my opinion on the matter. If you don't agree, thats fine. I don't hate you.

Everyone has been talking about the rights of gay marriage, I for one do not agree. I believe the government should have no interest in what I do with my personal life. But whatever, that is a whole other matter entirely. I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Its what I believe, and no I'm not insensitive to those that are gay, I do not hate them or think them immoral. I hate it when people say if you do not support gay marriage then you are a bigot and hate those types of people. That is completely wrong and ridiculous. I am sorry it is. And if you think that I am like that. You are wrong.

Again this is my personal opinion: What I am more concerned with is that I feel that peoples moral compass is all turned around. Here we all are fighting about marriage something that didn't need to be defined or have a definition until it was called into question. Arguing for equality! Yet, its completely okay and understandable to kill a child. And when I say kill a child, I mean have an abortion. I don't care how you try and sugar coat it. When its all said and done you have taken a human life. And not just any human life, a life that was innocent and committed no wrong. Most abortions are done because the woman makes a selfish decision. She doesn't want to be a mother, she is too young. I'm sorry when you start making adult decisions you have to deal with adult consequences. You don't just take away that persons option to life. That is unfair and cruel. No matter the circumstance. People talk about about incest and cases of rape. There is another way, adoption. Being a person that was abused as a child. I for one value human life. There is no way I would terminate a life. Again, thats me. Maybe its my back story that has helped me with this view. But I see in no way how you can justify killing a baby. Take a way all the scientific lingo. That "Fetus" is a baby and you can sit there and say its a fetus. People only do that to remove themselves from the fact that it is a child. It doesn't put as much of the blame on the individuals.

Oh! Another point, last time I checked it takes two. Why does the father have absolutely no say in what happens in the child. Because its her body... you can't tell a woman what to do with her body. Hmmm okay. The child is made up of half of the father, no?! still no cause for rights? In those crazy cases of rape and incest obviously the father should have no say. But in most instances he should. Thats his child.  In my human development class we have talked about the process of conceiving and all the stuff that goes into it. By the time that the woman finds out she's pregnant. 4-5 weeks along. All the genetic coding (DNA) is locked in, there is a elementary heartbeat. The DNA in that person is working in creating itself. The hair color, eyes, shape of the nose, the gender of the baby has already been decided. Yes, the baby looks like an alien, but that is how every single individual looked before they were born. That alien looking thing, is not an alien it is a human life, and it should be treated as such. Tell me why a death row inmate has more rights than an innocent child.

Peoples idea of equality is vastly twisted. With more medical advancement they are able to save babies a lot sooner, so that means a shorter window for abortions. As long as the child cannot survive out of womb, its ok to terminate them. I'm 24 weeks, 5 months pregnant. My baby is over one pound and has fingers and toes. He's active kicking and spinning. This week his lungs are developing. As of this moment my little Merrick cannot survive out of the womb. I could legally terminate my pregnancy. Seriously. It makes me sick to my stomach. I am over half way, and I can still say hmm, nope not for me.
A life is a life, no matter how small. People can argue about equality. But do you honestly believe there is anything equal in that? I do not.

Again this is my personal opinion. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Just putting down what I think is important. Life, is a beautiful thing. we shouldn't take it for granted... and we shouldn't knowingly destroy it because we can't handle it. Give that life to someone who will love and see the beauty in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment