Sunday, December 4, 2011

Finley Nicole McGowen

Finley Nicole McGowen arrived on Tuesday, November 29th 2011 at 10:10 pm. She weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces. She was 20 inches long, and her head was 15 centimeters wide! We are so excited to have her in our lives, we are truly blessed.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty!

So on Sunday (11/27/2011) (Finley's due date) I started to have contractions and by 2:00 AM they were coming at 5 minutes apart. So I called the hospital and spoke with the doctor on call, she told me to come in and get checked to see if I would be admitted. So I woke up Michael and we headed to the hospital. So I got checked and I was still dilated to only 1 cm. The contractions were still coming every 5 minutes or less. The RN named Nancy suggested that I walk for 2 hours. So by this time it was 3:30 AM and I walked and walked and walked until 5:30,  by this time, my back was killing me and my feet were swelling up. And the contractions only got stronger and didn't stop. So I was checked again, and I was still only 1cm, but the cervix was lower and the baby was moving down into position. The RN the spoke with the doctor and they suggested that I could walk for 2 more hours, or go home with a muscle relaxer and hopefully I would be dilated more the next day, they told me to keep my doctors appointment that I had that evening.

So I went home with the muscle relaxer and slept till about noon, by the time we left the hospital it was 7:00 AM Monday morning. We went to the doctor, and I was still having contractions every 5 minutes. so I went in and spoke with the doctor, he checked me, and I was now 2 cm and 70% effaced and the baby was at -1. He then suggested that I just go home and wait until my water broke, or I could be induced Tuesday morning. I chose to be induced on Tuesday. So Mike and I went over to my parents house and told them the plan, then I went home and tried to get as much rest as I could.

On Tuesday morning, we headed to the hospital, (I think they should invest in a parking garage, because we had to park out in the boonies. lol). I didn't mind the walk, I did anything to get that baby out!! haha So we then were checked in and admitted. I met my labor nurse, Alla. She was amazing. I loved her. I was then checked again, and I was now at 3cm and 80% effaced and the baby was head face down. I had to take antibiotics and then I was able to start the labor process. By 1:00 pm I was being given the Pitocin. By 5:13 PM I was checked by my doctor and was 4 cm and he had broken my water, and I could feel the contractions coming full force, and at 7:00 PM I decided that I needed the epidural and by 7:15 I had it. The nurse came in and checked me about and hour and a half later and I was now 8 cm. And I was very happy. They called my doctor and he headed to the hospital. And he then came in and told me to start pushing, and 10 minutes later, I had my daughter in my arms.

As you can see she is the cutest baby ever. And I'm not biased at all. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment